With so many iconic venues dispersed across Sydney, where do you possibly start when deciding where to stop on a pub crawl? Stress no more, we have composed a list of our top 10 venues across the city that will make for a fantastic location on any pub crawl. From distilleries, to retro pubs, rooftops, and wharf side bars. You won’t be disappointed with these sensational venues.
1. Brew Bar, Tap Rooms
Located in the heart of The Rocks, Tap Rooms is the perfect first destination for your pub crawl. With exposed brew tanks and a private bar featuring 8 beers on tap this unique space is cozy and private, great for mingling over a beer.
- Venue: Endeavour Tap Rooms
- Address: 39/43 Argyle St, The Rocks NSW 2000
- Capacity: 35
- Event Type: Party, Networking, Private Dining
2. Brix Distillers
If you are looking for something a little bit different and fun, then this distillery is a must stop on the crawl! With a large bar, exposed tanks, and fantastic natural lighting, this lively venue provides an enjoyable experience for every beer lover.
- Venue: Brix Distillers
- Address: 350 Bourke St, Surry Hills NSW 2010
- Capacity: 120
- Event Type: Parties, Networking, Wedding, Team Activity, Meetings & Workshops
3. Elm Rooftop Bar, The Taphouse
With gorgeous greenery and natural lighting, this rooftop bar provides a lush alfresco escape for your pub crawl. As one of Sydney’s newest and most popular venues, this rooftop creates an atmospheric space that is perfect for socialising and enjoying a cold beverage on a balmy afternoon.
- Venue: The Taphouse
- Address: 122 Flinders St, Darlinghurst NSW 2010
- Capacity: 95
- Event Type: Parties, Weddings, Networking, Presentation, Meetings & Workshops
4. The Podium, Shark Hotel
It wouldn’t be a pub crawl without a traditional style pub! Decked with plenty of pool tables, Shark Hotel is the perfect place to be entertained on your pub crawl. Boasting retro charm, this space is ideal to relax and bring out your competitive side while playing a round of pool, making for a fun night with friends.
- Venue: Shark Hotel
- Address: 127 Liverpool St, Sydney NSW 2000
- Capacity: 40
- Event Type: Parties, Networking, Team Activity
5. Public Bar & Saloon, Forrester’s
Located in the heart of Surry Hills, Forrester’s is a fantastic venue to enjoy a vast range of local craft beers and Aussie wines. With a welcoming feel and perfect for mingling, this space has plenty of high tables and a whimsical wooden bar to sit and order your cold beverages.
- Venue: Forrester’s
- Address: 336 Riley St, Surry Hills NSW 2010
- Capacity: 60
- Event Type: Parties, Networking
6. The Main Floor, Beer DeLuxe King St Wharf
There is always something happening at Beer DeLuxe King St Wharf! Featuring amazing live music, a fantastic range of indoor/outdoor seating, and a craft selection of cold brews so you won’t be disappointed. With a quirky set up, this space is sure to set you up for a fun stop on your pub crawl.
- Venue: Beer DeLuxe King St Wharf
- Address: 9 Lime St, Sydney NSW 2000
- Capacity: 70
- Event Type: Parties, Team Activity
7. PPH Bar, Potts Point Hotel
In a refurbished Federation-style bank this bar is nostalgic and offers a great experience. With plenty of outdoor seating, Potts Point Hotel is social, laidback, and located in a prime location. You’ll definitely love this iconic hotel.
- Venue: Potts Point Hotel
- Address: 33-35 Darlinghurst Rd, Potts Point NSW 2011
- Capacity: 150
- Event Type: Parties, Networking, Team Activity
8. The Bavarian, Manly Wharf
In a spectacular waterfront location in the heart of Manly, this German bar brings you the best of Barvaria Beer. With ample space, patrons can choose from barstools overlooking the water, or long beer tables situated both inside and outside. This location provides a great atmosphere to enjoy (many) drinks with friends and never want to leave.
- Venue: The Bavarian, Manly Wharf
- Address: Manly Wharf 2, 5 E Esplanade, Manly NSW 2095
- Capacity: 400
- Event Type: Parties, Private Dining, Team Activity, Networking
9. North End, Helm Bar & Bistro
Casually unwind and enjoy the stunning Darling Harbour views. The Helm Bar & Bistro has a large deck overlooking the water which provides a fantastic vibrant atmosphere to enjoy. If the weather is looking sunny and bright, you’ll certainly love this location on your next pub crawl.
Venue: Helm Bar & Bistro
Address: Aquarium Wharf, 7 Wheat Rd, Sydney NSW 2000
Event Type: Parties, Team Activity, Networking, Conference, Presentation, Meetings & Workshops
10. General Area for Groups, The Argyle
With a tasteful rustic style, this cozy venue is private and comfortable. The Argyle features plenty of booths, couches and tables to be enjoyed so you can sit down and intimately chat with your group. Whether you choose to opt for beer or wine, this venue will leave you pleased with their fantastic drink menu.
Venue: The Argyle
Address: 18 Argyle St, The Rocks NSW 2000
Event Type: Parties, Networking, Team Activity, Meetings & Workshops
When it comes to function venue hire, Sydney bookers can trust HeadBox to help find the perfect space for a fun pub crawl experience. So let’s get started, contact the HeadBox team today.
1. Who can use HeadBox?
Anyone! Whether you’re a corporate booker looking for a private dining room, meeting room, Christmas or EOFY party venue or you’re a social booker looking for the perfect spot to host your birthday party, hens night or wedding – HeadBox has you covered.
2. What is HeadBox?
HeadBox connects corporate and consumer bookers with venues and suppliers and is the easy way to book, manage and deliver everything in one place. No long searches, no stress, no hidden costs.
3. How do I submit an event brief?
Submitting an event brief is an easy process. Our intuitive brief builder will take you through a series of questions collecting all the necessary details needed to host a great event. We want to know details such as where your event will take place, on what date, how many people are attending, and what your total budget is. Once you submit this information, relevant and available venues will respond to your brief!
4. How long will it take for venues to respond?
Our venues are super quick to respond! You should receive responses or a proposal within 24-48 business hours.
5. What are the top 5 things to consider when choosing a venue?
The cost, the location, style, capacity & catering options.