If you’re after the perfect blank canvas to bring your next event to life, we’ve got you covered. We’ve gathered our favourite ‘blank canvas’ function venues Melbourne wide so you can let your artistic vision run wild.
1. Roxy’s Unique Functions & Events, The Warehouse
Just a stone’s throw from the South Melbourne market, Roxy’s sits within a former mechanic’s warehouse. The exposed beam ceilings and concrete floors echo this function venue’s industrial design, with the white walls and ceilings ensuring your styling stands out. With a capacity of up to 120 guests, Roxy’s can accommodate a variety of events; from creative studio hire to presentations, workshops and intimate weddings. Take inspiration from Roxy’s art-deco undertones and work with their in-house team to truly bring something unique to your next event.
- Venue: Roxy’s Unique Functions & Events
- Address: 2 Alfred Place, South Melbourne,VIC 3205
- Capacity: 120
- Event Type: Conference, Meeting workshop, Networking venues, Presentation, Team away days, Studio, Private parties, Private dining, Wedding, Other
2. The Third Day, Exclusive Hire
Once home to a flag and costume factory, this industrial warehouse in North Melbourne now houses The Third Day. Inspired by the dance clubs of Berlin, the space boasts an impressive 800m square footage, with an equally impressive capacity of 700. The exposed brick walls and concrete floors are complimented by an array of greenery, neon lights and touches of dark green and red, bringing a sense of character. Complete with a bar, DJ booth and AV capabilities, this function venue is perfect for your next networking venue, presentation or big celebration.
- Venue: The Third Day
- Address: 290 Macaulay Rd, North Melbourne VIC 3051
- Capacity: 700
- Event Type: Networking venues, Presentation, Private parties, Wedding, Other
3. Blondes Garage, Studio 1 & 2
Perched on the iconic Chapel Street, Blondes Garage offers a multidisciplinary studio and event space ripe for customisation and creativity. Reminiscent of a New York City loft mixed with classic Melbournian character, this function venue is light and bright thanks to the all white interior and large windows. Exclusive hire includes both studio spaces, accommodating up to 80 guests; giving you the full flexibility of the open plan layout. Perfect for networking events, studio hire or more intimate exhibitions, Blondes Garage is the ultimate blank canvas to unleash your imagination.
- Venue: Blondes Garage
- Address: Lvl 1/62 Chapel Street, Windsor VIC 3181
- Capacity: 80
- Event Type: Conference, Private parties, Networking venues, Meeting workshop, Wedding, Other
4. Luminaire, Exclusive Hire
If you’re looking for stunning bayside and city views for your next event, Luminaire has you covered. Located in South Melbourne, this function venue has plenty of style with a sleek, modern interior complimented by floor to ceiling windows. The abundance of natural light is bolstered by two outdoor deck areas, offering picturesque views of the city skyline and Port Phillip Bay. With a capacity of 450 guests, Luminaire has plenty of space to bring your next event to life.
- Venue: Luminaire
- Address: Cnr Browns Lane &, York St, South Melbourne VIC 3205
- Capacity: 450
- Event Type: Conference, Meeting workshop, Presentation, Private parties, Private dining, Networking venues, Wedding, Other
5. River’s Edge Events Melbourne, Exclusive Hire
Situated right on the fringe of the city, River’s Edge Melbourne provides a beautiful blank canvas complete with stunning waterfront views. The minimalistic, all white interior caters to Melbourne sophistication, with a marble bar, polished concrete floor and pendant lighting. The floor to ceiling windows not only create a wealth of natural light, but showcase stunning views of the Yarra River and city surrounds, with additional outdoor balconies to take in the view. This function venue boasts a capacity of up to 450 guests; catering to both intimate functions and larger-scale events. No matter the occasion, River’s Edge offers the picture perfect space to create a memorable event.
- Venue: River’s Edge Events Melbourne
- Address: Level 1, 18/38 Siddeley St, Melbourne VIC 3005
- Capacity: 450
- Event Type: Conference, Meeting workshop, Networking venues, Private dining, Private parties, Wedding, Other
When it comes to finding the best blank canvas function venue Melbourne bookers can trust HeadBox to help find the perfect space for a memorable event. So let’s get started – contact the HeadBox team today!
1. Who can use HeadBox?
Anyone! Whether you’re a corporate booker looking for a private dining room, meeting room, Christmas or EOFY party venue or you’re a social booker looking for the perfect spot to host your birthday party, hens night or wedding – HeadBox has you covered.
2. What is HeadBox?
HeadBox connects corporate and consumer bookers with venues and suppliers and is the easy way to book, manage and deliver everything in one place. No long searches, no stress, no hidden costs.
3. How do I submit an event brief?
Submitting an event brief is an easy process. Our intuitive brief builder will take you through a series of questions collecting all the necessary details needed to host a great event. We want to know details such as where your event will take place, on what date, how many people are attending, and what your total budget is. Once you submit this information, relevant and available venues will respond to your brief!
4. How long will it take for venues to respond?
Our venues are super quick to respond! You should receive responses or a proposal within 24-48 business hours.
5. What are the top 5 things to consider when choosing a venue?
The cost, the location, style, capacity & catering options.