There is no place better to experience the Melbourne Cup than in the city itself! If you aren’t making it down to the track for the big day, consider booking one of these magnificent venues for your Melbourne Cup weekend celebrations. From groovy bars to spacious function rooms, there is a place that will meet all of your needs.
You are invited to attend a beautiful day at Hophaus for Melbourne Cup Day. They are hosting a cocktail party on our balcony overlooking our beautiful city and the Yarra River. Enjoy delicious hot, cold & sweet canapes and a 3 hour drinks package including beer, wine & sparkling.
Screens to watch the races and race sweeps. So take the opportunity to dress up Melbourne and make your way to Hophaus for a fun day.
- 3 hour drinks package
- Delicious hot, cold & sweet canapes
- Venue: Hophaus
- Address: MR5/3 Southgate Ave, Southbank VIC 3006
- Capacity: 350
- Event Type: Parties, Networking, Presentation, Private Dining, Weddings
Spend a delightful afternoon in the gardens at Commons Collective. The Commons Collective is a complimentary contradiction; historic and chic, frivolous and formal – full of distinctive character and able to transform into whatever event you desire – hence it is not easily forgotten by those who have experienced its magic. Gather your friends and colleagues and book tickets for a day to remember.
Tickets 12pm-5:30pm | $280pp
- Free-flowing champagne, selection of wines, beers and soft drinks
- Cup day menu which includes Entrée, Main, and Dessert accompanied by share plates and arrival snacks.
- Venue: Commons Collective
- Address: 17 Moubray St, Melbourne VIC 3004
- Capacity: 580
- Event Type: Networking, Parties, Private Dining, Weddings
Catch all the racing action from Cup Day LIVE & LOUD on the screens at The Crafty Squire! Located in the heart of the CBD, this venue is a favourite amongst locals. For $55 enjoy 2 hours of cocktails, beer and wine accompanied by some delicious tasting boards to share.
If you’re not ready to go home after the race, stay on for more drinks, fun and entertainment as the party continues at The Crafty Squire.
- 2 hours of cocktails (Aperol spritz, French martini, espresso martini), plus beer & house wine
- Tasting board to share
- Venue: The Crafty Squire
- Address: 127 Russell St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Capacity: 70
- Event/Type: Parties, Networking, Team Activities, Wedding
Situated on the banks of the beautiful Yarra River, Ludlow Bar & Dining Room stands proud and is ready to host your Cup day event. Enjoy a Glass of Chandon Brut or Pint of Furphy on arrival, followed by a delicious sit-down 3 course set menu designed by our Chefs with a celebration in mind. Screens to watch the races, race sweeps and best-dressed comp. So dig out and dust off your racing attire and make your way to Ludlow by the river for what is going to be a fun day.
- Drinks on arrival
- 3 course set meal
- Race sweeps
- Fashions on the field
- DJ Entertainment from 4pm
- Venue: Ludlow Bar & Dining Room
- Address: 6 Riverside Quay, Southbank VIC 3006
- Capacity: 120
- Event/Type: Parties, Networking, Private Dining, Wedding
Looking to start the party early? Celebrate Cup Eve at Tetto, with a wild evening of agave-fuelled revelry on the cards. $10 Margaritas will get the party started from 4pm-6pm, with Day of the Dead-inspired Tequila and Mezcal cocktails handcrafted behind the bar. Look forward to Mexican-leaning bar snacks, and DJs Max Vegas and Juan Martinez spinning late into the night.
- Venue: Tetto Di Carolina
- Address: 48 Toorak Rd, South Yarra VIC 3141
- Capacity: 100
- Event Type: Parties, Networking, Private Dining, Wedding
Looking for a private space to host your own Melbourne cup event, why not let HeadBox do the work for you? Submit your brief and we will find the best venue for your private Melbourne Cup event big or small.
- Who can use HeadBox?
Anyone! Whether you’re a corporate booker looking for a private dining room, meeting room, Christmas or EOFY party venue or you’re a social booker looking for the perfect spot to host your birthday party, hens night or wedding – HeadBox has you covered.
- What is HeadBox?
HeadBox connects corporate and consumer bookers with venues and suppliers and is the easy way to book, manage and deliver everything in one place. No long searches, no stress, no hidden costs.
3. How do I submit an event brief?
Submitting an event brief is an easy process. Our intuitive brief builder will take you through a series of questions collecting all the necessary details needed to host a great event. We want to know details such as where your event will take place, on what date, how many people are attending, and what your total budget is. Once you submit this information, relevant and available venues will respond to your brief!
4. How long will it take for venues to respond?
Our venues are super quick to respond! You should receive responses or a proposal within 24-48 business hours.
5. What are the top 5 things to consider when choosing a venue?
The cost, the location, style, capacity & catering options.