Sydney is starting to cool down and rooftop bars are the best way to enjoy the milder temperatures. We’re experts in rooftop venues in and around Sydney, so we’ve compiled a list of our favourite rooftop function venues Sydney wide that you need to check out.
Elm Rooftop Bar at The Taphouse in Darlinghurst gives a new, chic meaning to the phrase ‘concrete jungle’ with its concrete walls and pops of greenery in every corner. The retractable awning ensures that you can indulge in their menu of jazzed-up comfort foods and classic drinks in rain or shine. Head here on a Saturday to enjoy a bottomless brunch and a four-course menu as well as a DJ teaming up with a live saxophone player.
- Venue: The Taphouse
- Address: Level 2/122 Flinders St, Darlinghurst NSW 2010
- Capacity: 95
- Event Type: Parties, Meetings and Workshops, Networking, Presentations, Weddings
Already missing the warm weather? Sip on a fruity cocktail at this Hamptons-themed rooftop and pretend you’re on a beach somewhere for an hour or two. Rooftop Exclusive has unbeatable views over Darling Harbour, which makes it one of the most sought after function rooms Sydney wide.
- Venue: The Rooftop Sydney
- Address: Level 3/200 Sussex St, Sydney NSW 2000
- Capacity: 300
- Event Type: Networking, Parties, Private Dining, Weddings
Tucked away in Potts Point is Sweethearts Rooftop atop Potts Point Hotel. Soak in the sun underneath the vine-clad pergola while snacking on one of their meat and cheese boards – or maybe opt for a signature empanada if you’ve already downed a hard seltzer or three.
- Venue: Potts Point Hotel
- Address: 33-35 Darlinghurst Rd, Potts Point NSW 2011
- Capacity: 125
- Event Type: Networking, Parties, Team Activities
If you’re in search of something that feels a bit more upscale, The Terrace by Olio is an elegant yet laidback rooftop bar located on Kensington St in Chippendale. A leader in the Sydney venue hire space, The Terrace is open to the public whenever there’s no event scheduled. Take your pick from their extensive wine list and tuck into a hearty Italian meal – and don’t forget to sample their signature olive oil!
- Venue: Olio Kensington Street
- Address: 10 Kensington St, Chippendale NSW 2008
- Capacity: 50
- Event Type: Networking, Parties, Private Dining
Gather your crew and head to The Locker Rooms’ Rooftop for breathtaking views across Sydney Olympic Park. Enjoy fresh seafood and champagne while watching the sun go down, or sip on a tasty cocktail under the stars. Suitable for groups of up to 200, Rooftop is the perfect location for your next corporate event or party.
- Venue: The Locker Room
- Address: 15 Olympic Blvd, Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127
- Capacity: 200
- Event Type: Parties, Meetings and Workshops, Networking, Conference
The Bavarian Miranda is renowned for providing great food, great beers and a great time. Situated on top of the redeveloped Westfield Miranda shopping centre in Sydney’s South, this space can accommodate up to 400 guests. Boasting a large indoor seating area and spacious terrace, The Bavarian Miranda is the perfect place for your next celebration.
- Venue: The Bavarian Miranda
- Address: 600 Kingsway, Miranda NSW 2228
- Capacity: 400
- Event Type: Parties, Networking, Private Dining, Meetings and Workshops
Conveniently located in Surry Hills, The Surry Rooftop is one of nine function areas at the Rydges Sydney Central. This newly renovated space features 3 private balconies and boasts breathtaking views of the Sydney CBD skyline. The floor to ceiling windows light up every event, making this a memorable location for all.
- Venue: Rydges Sydney Central
- Address: 28 Albion St, Surry Hills NSW 2010
- Capacity: 230
- Event Type: Parties, Conferences, Meetings and Workshops, Presentations, Networking, Weddings
Overlooking Sydney’s iconic and beautiful Queen Victoria Building is Zeta Back Bar & Terrace. Known for its experimental (but always delicious) cocktails, Zeta Back Bar & Terrace offers a rooftop oasis away from the hustle and bustle of the city streets below. Enjoy wraparound views of the city in the VIP section or settle in for a laidback night in a private booth.
- Venue: Hilton Syndey
- Address: level 4/488 George St, Sydney NSW 2000
- Capacity: 150
- Event Type: Parties, Networking, Weddings
As experts in venue hire Sydney wide, the HeadBox team knows Sydney’s best venues like the back of our hands. Trying to choose the perfect venue for your next Sunday session or event? Get in touch with us today.
1. Who can use HeadBox?
Anyone! Whether you’re a corporate booker looking for a private dining room, meeting room, Christmas or EOFY party venue or you’re a social booker looking for the perfect spot to host your birthday party, hens night or wedding – HeadBox has you covered.
2. What is HeadBox?
HeadBox connects corporate and consumer bookers with venues and suppliers and is the easy way to book, manage and deliver everything in one place. No long searches, no stress, no hidden costs.
3. How do I submit an event brief?
Submitting an event brief is an easy process. Our intuitive brief builder will take you through a series of questions collecting all the necessary details needed to host a great event. We want to know details such as where your event will take place, on what date, how many people are attending, and what your total budget is. Once you submit this information, relevant and available venues will respond to your brief!
4. How long will it take for venues to respond?
Our venues are super quick to respond! You should receive responses or a proposal within 24-48 business hours.
5. What are the top 5 things to consider when choosing a venue?
The cost, the location, style, capacity & catering options.