No one wants to be sitting behind a huge pillar during an awards night or conference! Brisbane has an array of pillarless spaces that are ideal for those looking to host a large event, especially seated. Check out our list of the top 10 pillarless function rooms in Brisbane.
1. Hall A, B & C Combined, Brisbane Showgrounds
The Royal International Convention Centre (Royal ICC) is a state-of-the-art convention centre located just 1.5km from Brisbane’s CBD. Highly adaptable, versatile, with world-class facilities and most importantly pillarless, this grand space can fit up to 3213 guests, or can be split into 3 smaller rooms.
- Venue: Brisbane Showgrounds
- Address: 600 Gregory Terrace, Bowen Hills QLD 4006
- Capacity: 3213
- Event Type: Conference, Meetings & Workshops, Networking, Presentation
2. Ballroom Le Grand, Sofitel Brisbane Central
Ballroom Le Grand is located inside the luxurious Sofitel Hotel & Resort in Brisbane’s CBD. As the name suggests. the space is grand with extraordinary versatility. This pillarless function room is spacious and can accommodate up to 1056 guests standing.
- Venue: Sofitel Brisbane Central
- Address: 249 Turbot St, Brisbane City QLD 4000
- Capacity: 1056
- Event Type: Conference, Meetings & Workshops, Wedding, Parties, Presentation, Networking
3. Exclusive Venue Hire, The Joinery
A dynamic boutique event space located in Brisbane’s vibrant West End, The Joinery merges contemporary style with industrial features. This large space is the perfect blank canvas with exposed brick, industrial high ceilings and polished concrete floors.
- Venue: The Joinery
- Address: 244 Montague Rd, West End QLD 4101
- Capacity: 300
- Event Type: Conference, Meetings & Workshop, Wedding, Parties, Presentation, Studio, Networking, Team Activities
4. Charleston Room, The Inchcolm by Ovolo
The Charleston Room at The Inchcolm by Ovolo is romantic and chic with state-of-the-art features that can be utilised for multiple occasions. The pillarless room can accommodate up to 120 guests and features tall heritage-style windows that allow an abundance of natural light.
- Venue: The Inchcolm by Ovolo
- Address: 73 Wickham Terrace, Spring Hill QLD 4000
- Capacity: 120
- Event Type: Conference, Meeting workshop, Wedding, Private parties, Presentation
5. Albert 1, The Sebel
Located in the heart of the Brisbane City CBD, The Sebel offers a contemporary hotel experience. Found on Level 5 of the hotel, Albert 1 is a pillarless conference or meeting room, featuring natural light and an adjacent garden terrace, perfect for corporate functions.
- Venue: The Sebel
- Address: Cnr Albert and, Charlotte St, Brisbane City QLD 4000
- Capacity: 70
- Event Type: Conference, Meetings & Workshops, Private Dining, Parties, Presentation, Networking, Team Activities
6. Parklands Room, Pacific Hotel Brisbane
Situated on the 10th floor of the Pacific Hotel Brisbane, the Parklands Room is spacious and versatile, offering sweeping views of the city skyline. With 5m high windows allowing for plenty of natural light, this pillarless space is ideal for those looking to host a larger conference or meeting.
- Venue: Pacific Hotel Brisbane
- Address: 345 Wickham Terrace, Spring Hill QLD 4000
- Capacity: 180
- Event Type: Conference, Meetings & Workshops, Wedding, Parties, Presentation
7. River Room, Customs House Brisbane
Customs House is one of Brisbane’s premier function venues with a variety of impressive spaces. The River Room is located on the River Level of Customs House, with an adjoining open-air lawn that offers marvellous views of the Story Bridge.
- Venue: Customs House Brisbane
- Address: 399 Queen St, Brisbane City QLD 4000
- Capacity: 200
- Event Type: Meeting workshop, Wedding, Private dining, Presentation, Networking venues
8. Tote room, Eagle Farm Racecourse
The Tote room is located in a beautiful heritage-listed building at Eagle Farm Racecourse with its own private bar, amenities, and air conditioning. Built in 1913, The Tote offers a banquet hall complete with 18-foot ceilings, natural worn brick walls and polished timber floors.
- Venue: Eagle Farm Racecourse
- Address: 230 Lancaster Rd, Ascot QLD 4007
- Capacity: 400
- Event Type: Conference, Wedding, Parties, Private Dining, Presentation, Networking
9. Exclusive Venue Hire, The Princess Theatre
Following meticulous and award-winning restorations, The Princess Theatre now offers a sophisticated and elegant event space imbued with majesty. Their large, open, pillarless space can be configured to any type of event and is paired with the highest level of service.
- Venue: The Princess Theatre
- Address: 8 Annerley Rd, Woolloongabba QLD 4102
- Capacity: 950
- Event Type: Conference, Wedding, Parties, Private Dining, Presentations, Networking
10. Exclusive Venue Hire, The Lawn Bar + Cafe
The Lawn Bar + Cafe is a beautiful breezy riverside cafe and bar located at Kangaroo Point. Exclusive hire of Lawn Bar + Cafe lets you and your guests enjoy a mixture of indoor and outdoor spaces whilst most importantly enjoying the riverside ambience that will suit any occasion.
- Venue: The Lawn Bar + Cafe
- Address: 44 Ferry St, Kangaroo Point QLD 4169
- Capacity: 500
- Event Type: Conference, Wedding, Private parties, Private dining, Networking venues
When it comes to finding the perfect pillarless function room, Brisbane bookers can trust HeadBox to help find the perfect space for a memorable event. So let’s get started – contact the HeadBox team today!
1. Who can use HeadBox?
Anyone! Whether you’re a corporate booker looking for a private dining room, meeting room, Christmas or EOFY party venue or you’re a social booker looking for the perfect spot to host your birthday party, hens night or wedding – HeadBox has you covered.
2. What is HeadBox?
HeadBox connects corporate and consumer bookers with venues and suppliers and is the easy way to book, manage and deliver everything in one place. No long searches, no stress, no hidden costs.
3. How do I submit an event brief?
Submitting an event brief is an easy process. Our intuitive brief builder will take you through a series of questions collecting all the necessary details needed to host a great event. We want to know details such as where your event will take place, on what date, how many people are attending, and what your total budget is. Once you submit this information, relevant and available venues will respond to your brief!
4. How long will it take for venues to respond?
Our venues are super quick to respond! You should receive responses or a proposal within 24-48 business hours.
5. What are the top 5 things to consider when choosing a venue?
The cost, the location, style, capacity & catering options.